Senior Instructor I and Lead Advisor
Ph.D. 1992, Biochemistry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
B.A. 1987, Molecular Biology, Princeton University
Chemical Biology & Biochemistry using Genetic Code Expansion.
As an instructor and advisor for the Biochemistry and Biophysics Department. I have a strong interest in preparing undergraduate and graduate students for a variety of careers in the life sciences and supporting life-long learning in STEM. I partner with Biochemistry & Biophysics faculty to integrate research projects into our undergraduate laboratory courses.
Kelsey M. Kean, Kari van Zee, and Ryan Mehl (2018) Unnatural Chemical Biology: Research-Band Laboratory Course Utilizing Genetic Code Expansion. Journal Chemical Education (accepted).
Courses I Teach
- BB 111 Introduction to Biochemistry and Biophysics Research
- BB/BI 315 Molecular Biology Laboratory
- BB/BI 317 Scientific Theory and Practice
- BB 493/593 Biochemistry Laboratory 1 (Techniques in Biochemistry)
- BB 494/594 Biochemistry Laboratory 2 (Techniques in Molecular Biology)